onsdag den 11. april 2012

STAR WARS CONCERT

Remember the fight bewteen Obi Wan Kenobi and Darth Maul in Star Wars episode I?
Remember the theme that played during their fight?
Well, it's called Duel of the Fates.
Someone from my class suggested that we should play it for the spring concert at my school tomorrow, and guess what? It ended up as one of our songs.
I AM SO EXCITE.
He found the sheets on the library, then all of us wind instruments had to transpose it into our key (I didn't get to do it all, but I play in the same key as the tenorsaxes, so I just look at their sheet when I run out of notes lol) except for the trumpet, she borrowed a trompet tuned in c, so she wouldn't have to transpose anything. Therefore, she is pretty much out guide. She is the only one looking in the original sheets.
Honestly, it's a challenge. Not as much playing it, as it is us screwing up in our sheets so we don't know when to play (we don't look in the original sheets, only what we've transposed. That's stupid yes.)
I SHOULD BE NEVOUS ABOUT SCREWING UP. BUT I CAN ONLY FEEL STAR WARS.
-I play the clarinet, by the way.

Anyway, just so excited that I actually get to play a Star Wars song with a whole band in front of poeple!

Epicepicepicepicepicepicepicepicepicepicepicepicepicepicepicepicepicepicepicepicepic

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar