lørdag den 7. april 2012

[Yong Justice episode 13] - Joker reaction

So, I just watched episode 13 of YUNGU JUSUTISU (japanese accent by the way. Couldn't tell? Well fuck you then.)
The Joker appeared! And honestly, it got me excited. (I was excited to see Ivy too, but not as much.) And instantly I couldn't wait to hear his voice. And so I did. And honestly;
I WAS DISAPOINT.
I had expected all of the newer Jokers to take inspiration from Mark Hamill, but let me tell you why I was wrong.
First of all, it's just the reality I want, because I'm a huge Mark Hamill-fag (B:TAS contains my favorite Joker ever) and in The Batman, Kevin Micheal Richardson was obvilously trying to get the same feel as Mark Hamill, which he did great, by the way. And The Joker in Arkham Asylum/City, got crazy popular, so I guess I kindda expected all Jokers after that to be..well, like that!



But I forgot to consider Batman: The Brave and the bold. They tried to bring some of the old Batman elements back. I did a little Joker-voice-reaserch and it occurred to me that, not only did they make Joker's character design more retro, but also his voice.
AAAANNNND the voice of The Joker is actually pretty similar to the one in The Brave and the Bold. So I thought: "They tried to bring back some retro elements, why shouldn't Young Justice?" This concerns The Joker mostly, even tho, of course, I am not sure if that was what they were going for, so I'm kindda just guessing.
But they DID include Jay Barrick, so maybe they are trying to bring back some good ol' school DC.
Okay, I'm really just fooling around now, lol.

              Legends of the Dark Knight - 1950   Batman The Brave and the Bold - 2008
                            Micheal McKeen                                      Jeff Bennet 
This is a very extreme examble, not all Jokers looked like that until 1992.


My point is that I just can't get enough of that Jedi, and I want every Joker to be like him. I should might as well give up, since no one can do it like him, and he won't be doing it again. And, to be completly honest, a lot of good Jokers sounds unlike Hamill, like the one from The Red Hood. Oh well, every Joker has his own voice and brings a new persona with it, and that's okay, it wouldn't be fun otherwise.
There is ONE THING tho..


                What is up with those side-burns?

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar